Wednesday, March 04, 2009

Learned what I could

I've learned quite a bit from tinkering about inside that Fisher turntable, and I'm feeling much more confident in pursuing a serious case mod. Unfortunately, I'm not exactly confident enough to tear apart the Fisher, but eBay is a wonderful thing!
I have purchased a lovely little Tele-Tone turntable last week, and have just received it in the mail. Playback is sub-par, as expected for something this old, but that will be remedied later in the process. Pictures have been taken, although my camera is in Arizona at the moment, so pardon the webcam quality.


Tele-Tone turntable, in good shape too.


Audio jacks in the rear, along with a non-polarized plug.


Needle seems to be in decent shape, plays well.


Plays 33's, 45's, and 78's. That "N" you see is Neutral.


The center raises for different sized records, and in our case, access to the platter nut.


This is what the platter nut looks like on the Fisher model. If anyone knows what this bit is actually called, do tell!


More to come, so stay tuned!
The Brown-Eyed Albino

No comments: